- Send To
Q3 2015 Finance Industry Trends
Q3 2015 KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The largest transaction in Q3 2015 and year-to-date was FIS’ announced acquisition of SunGard Data Systems Inc., a provider of software solutions and services to a wide variety of financial organizations, for $9.1 billion.
- The most active acquirer in the Capital Markets segment in Q3 2015 was Markit Group Ltd, a financial information services company, with three transactions: DealHub, CoreOne Technologies, and Information Mosaic.
Q3 2015 KEY TRENDS
- Total transaction volume in Q3 2015 increased by nine percent over Q2 2015, from 95 to 104.
- Total transaction value in Q3 2015 more than doubled over Q2 2015, from $9.5 billion to $20.9 billion. Excluding the SunGard Data Systems deal, aggregate value gained 24 percent.
MULTIPLES & VALUE TRENDS
- The median revenue multiple from 2014 through the 1st 3 Quarters of 2015 improved slightly, from 3.0x to 3.2x.
- The median EBITDA multiple from 2014 through the 1st 3 Quarters of 2015 rose by 14 percent, from 13.3x to 15.2x.
TOP TEN DEALS THROUGH Q3 2015
The top ten deals by value have seen five new additions since our half year report, two of which were completed by Deutsche Börse Group in the Capital Markets segment. Deutsche Börse acquired 360T, as well as joint ventures STOXX and Indexium from SIX Group Ltd.
These five transactions, with an aggregate value of $17.2 billion, represented 43 percent of transaction value in the 1st 3 Quarters of 2015 and 82 percent of Q3 2015 transaction value.