Q3 2014 KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The largest transaction in Q3 2014 and year-to-date was FleetCor Technologies, Inc.’s acquisition of Comdata Corporation, a provider of electronic payment solutions, with an acquisition price of $3.5 billion.
- The most active acquirer year-to-date was Vista Equity Partners with four industry transactions. Two of these deals occurred in Q3 2014: Figlo, a financial planning software business, and Custom Credit Systems, a loan origination and workflow management software company.
Q3 2014 KEY TRENDS
- Total transaction volume in Q3 2014 remained nearly constant over Q2 2014, from 95 to 94.
- Total transaction value in Q3 2014 almost doubled over Q2 2014, from $5.3 billion to $10.0 billion.
MULTIPLES & VALUE TRENDS
- The median revenue multiple from 2013 through the 1st 3 Quarters of 2014 increased by 39 percent, from 2.3x to 3.2x.
- The median EBITDA multiple from 2013 through the 1st 3 Quarters of 2014 rose by 35 percent, from 12.0x to 16.2x.
TOP TEN DEALS THROUGH Q3 2014
The Payments segment was responsible for seven of the industry’s top ten largest transactions year-to-date. Three of these seven deals occurred in Q3 2014.
The top ten deals by value have seen four new additions since our half year report. These four transactions, with an aggregate value of $5.7 billion, represented 27 percent of transaction value in the 1st 3 Quarters of 2014 and 57 percent of Q3 2014 transaction value.