Q3 2012 KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The most active acquirer in the Online and Mobile Industry through Q3 2012 was WPP Group, plc with 16 transactions. Five of these occurred within Q3 2012.
- There were 173 financially sponsored transactions in the 1st 3 Quarters of 2012, with an aggregate value of $10.1 billion, representing 12 percent of the total volume and 20 percent of the total value, respectively.
Q3 2012 KEY TRENDS
- Total transaction volume in Q3 2012 decreased by 12 percent over Q2 2012, from 516 to 454.
- Total transaction value in Q3 2012 fell by 33 percent over Q2 2012, from $22.4 billion to $15.0 billion.
MULTIPLES & VALUE TRENDS
- The median revenue multiple in Q3 2012 increased by 27 percent over Q2 2012, from 1.5x to 1.9x.
- The median EBITDA multiple in Q3 2012 rose by 25 percent over Q2 2012, from 7.5x to 9.4x.
- The segment with the largest median revenue multiple through Q3 2012 was SaaS/ASP at 3.4x.
TOP TEN DEALS THROUGH Q3 2012
The top ten deals by value have seen three new additions since our half year report: Dex One Corporation’s announced acquisition of SuperMedia Inc., One Equity Partners’ acquisition of M*Modal, and Syniverse Technologies, Inc.’s announced acquisition of MACH S.à.r.l.
These three transactions, with an aggregate value of $3.2 billion, represented six percent of transaction value in the 1st 3 Quarters of 2012 and 21 percent of Q3 2012 transaction value.