Mary Jo Zandy joined Berkery Noyes in 1994. At Berkery Noyes, Mary Jo is a generalist and has been responsible for transactions in a variety of sectors, including:
- Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc.’s (Kiplinger) sale to Dennis Publishing
- FMT Solutions’ investment from Corridor Capital
- Test Prep, Study Aid, and Foreign Language assets of Barron’s Educational Series to Kaplan, Inc.
- Holiday House’s sale to Trustbridge Partners
- SmartPros, Ltd.’s sale to Kaplan, Inc.
- M.E. Sharpe Inc.’s sale to The Taylor & Francis Group
- BankersEdge’s sale to The Riverside Company
- JBHM Education Group LLC’s sale to Weld North
- AMSCO School Publication Inc.’s sale of certain assets to Perfection Learning
- Class.com’s sale to Cambium Learning Group
- Nolo’s sale to Internet Brands
- Second Language Testing Inc.’s sale to Berlitz
- Versa Systems’ sale to Iron Data
- Discovery Logic’s sale to Thomson Reuters
- Ten Speed Press’ sale to Random House
- The Gordian Group Inc.’s sale to The Wicks Group of Companies
- Standex Consumer Products Division’s divestiture of Standard Publishing, LLC to The Wicks Group of Companies, JMH Capital, and Rio Queen Citrus, Inc.
- JIST Publishing Inc.’s sale to EMC Corporation
- IHS’ divestiture of its financial information division to CCH, Inc. and Thomson’s West
- McGraw-Hill’s sale of its juvenile retail publishing business to School Specialty
- Pearson’s divestiture of Prentice Hall Direct, Inc. to Wolters Kluwer and John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- CliffNotes’ sale to IDG Books
- IDG Books’ sale to Macmillan General Reference
For the five years prior to joining Berkery Noyes, Mary Jo was the Director of U.S. Corporate Finance for Hill Samuel Securities Corporation. From 1984 to 1988, she was Vice President of Investment Banking at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette. Previously, Mary Jo was Vice President, Corporate Finance, for Bankers Trust Company. Her experience includes cross-border and U.S. mergers and acquisitions, valuation work, and private and public financings. Mary Jo has a Bachelor of Arts from Northwestern University and a Masters in economics from Indiana University. She is a Chartered Financial Analyst and a member of the American Society of Appraisers. She also is a board member of the Content Division of the Software Information Industry Association and the Specialized Information Industry Association.