Joe is a financial and operating executive with extensive experience leading Fortune 500 and early stage technology companies. As an investment banker he has led the technology practice for a leading investment bank, co-founded two investment banks, and served as a partner with a venture fund in Palo Alto, CA.
Joe’s focus at Berkey Noyes is in the software sector where he specializes in Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure, Big Data, Cloud Services, and SaaS environments.
Some of Joe’s prior transactions include:
- Advanced Voice Technology’s sale to AT&T and Octel Communications
- Araberque Software’s sale to NetManage
- Aris Multimedia’s sale to The Learning Co. (SoftKey)
- Contact Software’s sale to Symantec
- Perspecta’s sale to Excite@Home
- Pulse Electronics’ sale to Technitrol
- Saber Software’s sale to McAfee (Network Associates)
- SRD’s sale to IBM Corp
- Teleprocessing Products’ sale to ADC Telecommunications
- Whitewater Group’s sale to Symantec
- Integrated Process Equipment Corp’s acquisition of Hughes Danbury Optical Systems
- Madge’s acquisition of Lannet Data Communications Ltd.
- SalesLogix’s acquisition of the ACT! product family from Symantec
- Impart Media’s private placement, equity raise, revolving debt, and buy-side advisory
- Impart Media’s exit, successful divestiture, and sale to an undisclosed buyer
- Javelin System’s private placement, IPO, and secondary offering
- MotorVac’s private placement and IPO
- Telcontar’s private placement
Joe comes from a military family and served honorably as a platoon leader in the US Army. He is a graduate of the United States infantry school at Fort Benning, Georgia. Joe earned his MA and MBA from the University of Denver.
* Joe Martinez ran some of the listed transactions prior to joining Berkery Noyes.