Jason is a Managing Director at Berkery Noyes with 16 years of M&A and Capital Markets experience in the Consumer / FinTech sector. Clients include those who are (a) white-labeling proprietary technology and selling their software as a service (SaaS) on either a subscription or transaction basis or (b) a tech-enabled service provider (e.g. vendor management technology) catering to the consumer software and financial service sectors.
Jason has worked on several notable transactions, including:
- Sale of Apdata (human capital management company) to Volaris Group, a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX:CSU)
- Sale of Guideline AMC (consumer appraisal management company) to Nationwide Property & Appraisal Services LLC, a portfolio company of Corridor Capital
- Class Valuation (consumer appraisal management company) on their acquisition of Landmark Network
- Sale of Independent Settlement Services (consumer appraisal management company) to Radian Group Inc.
- Narrow Gauge Capital on their acquisition of Class Appraisal, LLC (consumer appraisal management company)
- Sale of eSchoolData (data management solutions) to IO Education
- Investment in Rubicon (curriculum design/instructional decision-making solutions) from Quad Partners
- Sale of Service1st (consumer appraisal management company) to ReQuire Holdings, a portfolio company of L2 Capital
- Sale of LoyaltyExpress (consumer marketing automation and CRM solutions for mortgage companies and banks) to New Capital Partners
- Sale of Extension Healthcare to Vocera Communications (NYSE: VCRA)
- Sale of Learn It Systems, a portfolio company of Milestone Partners to LLR Partners
- Sale of Revo from Oakley (Luxottica Group (BIT: LUX)) to Sequential Brands (NASDAQ: SQBG)
- Represented Kenneth Cole on its debt and equity restructuring with existing lenders, board members, and their ongoing equity interests
- Justice Holdings Ltd. (Bill Ackman of Pershing Square, Martin Franklin of Jarden Corp. (n.k.a. Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) and Nicolas Berggruen of Berggruen Holdings) on its $8.1BN acquisition of Burger King Worldwide (TSE: QSP.UN)
- Liberty Acquisition Holdings on its $8BN acquisition of Grupo Prisa (BME: PRS)
Accolades and Awards
- M&A Advisor “40 under 40” Award, a highly competitive distinction bestowed upon accomplished leaders in the investment banking community (2014)
- ACG Champion’s Awards – Consumer & Retail Deal of the Year Over $200M (2013)
- M&A Advisor Deal of the Year (2012)
- M&A Advisor Magnus and Turnaround Deal of the Year (2011)
Jason began his career as an Investment Banking Analyst at Bear Stearns after having completed two summers at the former Bulge Bracket Firm, one of which was in the highly competitive Summer Analyst Investment Banking Program. Jason received a BBA from the George Washington University with a major in Finance.
Transactions completed by Jason include: